Saturday 5 June 2010

I Am A Ballkamaniac...Fact.



From someone who, admittedly, is slightly opinionated when it comes to music, over the past 3/4 years, I reckon I have switched through music taste like a hoar switches clients.
When I got to Uni I was all about Funky house and a bit of Indie.
You know the score, big up Fratellis and a bit of Fedde Le Grande to welcome in the evenings.
But after listening to multiple remixes, re-rubs, re-fixes & dubs blah blah blah...
You not think things just start sounding a bit too similar....?
Might just be me, but I'm sure fidget is well and truly in its grave right now and Dub Step just doesn't appeal to me.
Especially when people think its an excuse to start a mosh pit.
FUCKERS.
And do NOT get me started on every single shite remix Afrojack puts his closed off mind to.
Its like at the moment, nobody can place on the table something different or unique, its like it needs a new thinker or someone to hold it all up and say:
"NAH, THIS IS WACK....THIS IS HOW I GET DOWN"
Its a noticable thing aswell. Someone finally does something different, and they get noticed. Take Deadmau5 as an example. Got Brave. Tried something new. Did his own thing. Got massive. Got notcied. Made a wedge. Got a free iPad.
Caspa, TC, Rusko. Dropped a bit of Dub. Got Huge.
Jack Beats, Threw out some wonk. Did it tastefully. Draws in a crowd.
The Point I'm making is, way I see it, this is the next thing.
"I LOVE THIS STUFF."
Its got flavour to it. Something inside me just connects to it, in a big way.
Have a listen and decide yourself. We need more music like this.

“I despise a world which does not feel that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy”


Go Sick. Get Raw. Presents: Go Travel. Get Cultured.Vol.2. by Bradshaw!

P.S. Death To Tiesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment